1900 Mexican Grill
Are you looking for a local Charlotte Mexican restaurant that doesn't require a trip south of the border? Look no further.
1900 Mexican Grill & Restaurant offers diners warm hospitality and mouth-watering cuisine that will not easily be forgotten. Indulge in a tasty Margarita and catch up after a long week at the office.
Midtown : 704-334-4677
Southpark : 704-523-1554
Our Guacamole is made fresh daily and is one of our most popular appetizers.
Established in 2005, 1900 Mexican Grill has quickly become Charlotte’s destination for authentic Mexico City style dining & original hand crafted margaritas. Just like the street - side markets of central Mexico, 1900 uses the freshest ingedients available and marries them with old world techniques to welcome their guests with the warmth & hospitality that Mexico is known for.Offering the best of both worlds 1900 Mexican Grill’s menu features truly authentic dishes from Taqueria style tacos, Mole Poblano & Chiles Rellenos to a more South-Western touch with Fajitas and Chimichangas. And with daily drink specials & Charlotte’s best margaritas, 1900 is the perfect place for after work cocktails or an evening out with friends. Sample any of their 50+ hand selected tequilas and mezcals or have their “cantineros” (bartenders) muddle or shake you something unique. So come in and experience Mexico City in the heart of Charlotte.
A Unique Experience
Must Taste Suggestions
Drink: Strawberry-Acai Caipirinha - Veev Acai Liqueur Muddled strawberries & Lime raw sugar Appitizer: Flautas - Your choice of chicken or ground beef rolled in a corn tortilla and crisped golden. Entree: Chicken Fajitas - Great seasoning, plenty of chicken, onion, and green pepper. Must grab a side of queso. Or: Go for a combo and be sure to get the Chicken Chimichanga - nice crispy outside, hot gooey inside with pulled pieces of tender chicken and veggies.
Chefs & Manager Recommendations
Roasted-Jalapeno Margarita..Spicy good fun!
Arroz con Pollo
A must try... with our slow cooked pulled chicken, rice, lettuce, sour cream, and pico de gallo.
Relax on the Patio
Enoy 1900 in nice weather...
Social and Reviews
Jessie W. Charlotte, NC - Yelp
The guacamole is made in front of you, a staple for any Mexican restaurant that wants to be a player in the game!
Anna O. Charlotte, NC - Yelp
If you like carnitas or carne asada, I would check this place out
Jon L. Seattle, WA - Yelp
This place is great. It's beautifully decorated and has a light and airy feel due to the ample natural light from the windows. I have to note than I hail from Texas, and I didn't think the chips and salsa were quite as exciting as other reviewers have mentioned... That, however, didn't stop me from eating a good basket or two while I waited for my entrée. (I'm a sucker for these types of starters at any restaurant!) :P I had the Combo Two with a shredded beef chimichanga (at the recommendation of fellow Yelpers) and a chicken enchilada.The pico de gallo is a must-request with the combo dishes. It was fresh and delicious and probably my favorite part of the meal! Again, I wasn't blown away by the chimichanga despite the rave reviews, but I enjoyed it along with the enchilada and found the meal to be quite satisfying overall. As a whole package (ambiance+food+service), the experience was great and I would definitely go back. I have my eye on the carnitas for next time.
Sally, Diner from Charlotte, NC - Urbanspoon
1900 came VERY highly recommended. I love Mexican food and am really picky about where we go. Saturday night date night was our first time here.Our server, Ronaldo, answered all my questions, recommended a great dish (fajitas a la casa), a GREAT fresh margarita (the pomegranate), and really gave great service. He was amazing. We were so impressed we asked to see the manager, Jose Garcia, not to complain but to let him know how great the food and service was! We for sure will be back. Such friendly staff,great date night atmostphere,and delicious food.Great for the price. Definitely check it out!
Chris Dee M., Diner from Charlotte, NC - Urbanspoon
The chicken flautas were very good. Nice atmosphere, great prices, excellent service. Will be back.
Zagat’s site boasts detailed restaurant info and features, a trademarked 30-point rating system
Don't forget to like us on Facebook! Click the icon to go our page!
Make sure to follow us on Twitter and keep up to date with our latest information!
We're on Instagram! Make sure to check us out here!
1900 Signature Cocktails
- HOUSE MARGARITA Jimador Blanco Tequila / Triple Sec Fresh Lime sour / Rocks or Frozen Add: Strawberry, Mango, Pricky Pear
- BREAKFAST MARGARITA Scorpion Mezcal Blanco / Grapefruit Juice / Orange Marmalade / Organic agave
- MARGARITA DELA CASA 1800 Reposado Tequila / Grand Marnier Floater / Fresh lime sour / Served fishbowl style
- TAMARIND MARGARITA 1800 Silver Tequila / Cointreau / Tamarind Nectar / Chile Tajin rim
- PATRON PALOMA Patron Reposado Tequila / Fresh Lime / Mexican Grapefruit Soda / Salt rim
- CAZUELA MARGARITA Familia Camarena Reposado Tequila / Fresh squeezed citrus & fresh lime sour, served in Terracotta bowl
- STRAWBERRY – ACAI CAIPIRINHA Veev Acai Liqueur Muddled strawberries & Lime raw sugar
- LA GUERA FLACA Sauza Hornitos Silver Tequila / Fresh Squeezed Lime & Orange Juice / Organic agave / Shaken tableside
- SMOKED PASSION FRUIT Del Maguey Vida Mezcal / Fresh lime / Passion fruit puree / Ginger beer / Candied mescal worm
- ROASTED – JALAPENO MARGARITA Espolon Blanco Tequila Fire roasted jalapeno / watermelon puree Fresh Lime
- LA GUERA FLACA Sauza Hornitos Silver Tequila / Fresh squeezed lime & orange juice / Organic Agave / Shaken tableside
- ZONA ROSA 1800 Coconut Tequila / Fresh mint & lime / Fresh lime sour / Lemon-lime soda
- LA FLOR Avion Blanco Tequila / Fresh Lime / Hibiscus syrup/ Candied hibiscus Syrup / Candied hibiscus flower
- PEAR-CILANTRO MARTINI Ultimo Agave Blanco Tequila / Muddled cilantro / Pear nectar / Fresh Lime
- CANTARITO Jose Cuervo Traditional Tequila / Grapefruit bitters / Grenadine / Fresh squeezed citrus
- SOCORRO Milagro Blanco Tequila / Muddled cucumber / Candon Ginger / Fresh Lime / Organic agave / Chile Tajin rim
- CARCACHA Presidente Mexican Brandy / Fresh lemon / Elderflower liqueur / Sugar-pepper rim
- RED SANGRIA Merlot, Brandy, Pomegranate, Oranges
- WHITE SANGRIA Chardonnay, Brandy, Mango, Pineapple
- Monday 11:00AM — 10:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM — 10:00 PM
- Wednesday 11:00 AM — 10:00 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM — 10:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM — 11:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM — 11:00 PM
- Sunday 12:00 PM — 9:00 PM
MIDTOWN [Click for Map & Directions]
1523 Elizabeth Avenue Charlotte, NC 28204
SOUTHPARK [Click for Map & Directions]
5110-1E Park Road Charlotte, NC 28209
MIDTOWN : 704.334.4677
SOUTHPARK : 704.523.1554